Welcome to our Schools information page.
We hope you will find everything here you need to know about planning your school trip to our theatre. If you cannot find the answer below please do email us through this link
If you are looking for information about our Christmas Show - The Railway Children - please click here.
Booking Offers for Schools
We are delighted to welcome groups of students to our venue, no matter how large or small. Many of the live performances and event cinema screenings that we have in our Studio Theatre and Main Auditorium offer competitive schools group rates, which also include a number of complimentary tickets for teachers/carers.
We have a number of shows and performances coming up with relevant offers:
- 11 September 2019 - RSC Live: The Merry Wives of Windsor: £10 per pupil*
- 27 to 29 September 2019 - The Tiger Who Came To Tea: £8.50 per pupil* (day time performances)
- 3 October 2019 - Silent Lines: £12 per pupil*; there will also be a Q&A after the show with the dancers.
- 10 October 2019 - Wise Children: £10 per student*; filmed for the cinema screen at the York Theatre Royal; age rating 15.
- 15 & 16 October 2019 - The Very Hungry Caterpillar: £9 per pupil*; suitable for ages 3+.
- 17 October 2019 - European Union Chamber Orchestra: £15 per pupil*; suitable for all ages.
- 18 October 2019 - NT Live: A Midsummer Night’s Dream: £10 per pupil*; filmed live in front of an audience; age rating 12A.
- 21 October 2019 - Macbeth: £9 per pupil*; a Q&A led by the company (Proteus Theatre) will follow the performance. School workshops are also available from the company, created as bespoke for each school to enable teachers to focus on certain themes; age rating 12+.
- 29 & 30 October 2019 - Ballet Cymru: Romeo a Juliet: £16 (under 14s) with option to attend Workshop on 28 October with Ballet Cymru Education Team (Access & Outreach Officer plus 4 company dancers) for free if purchased ticket to performance; suitable for all ages.
- 1 November 2019 - I Believe in Unicorns: £10 per pupil*; suitable for ages 6 - 12).
- 9 to 30 December 2019 - The Railway Children - A Musical: please see our Railway Children - Information for Schools page
- 10 to 15 December 2019 - Christmas Tales with Granddad: £7 per pupil*; suitable for ages 3+.
- 4 & 5 January 2020 - The Snow Dragon: £10 per pupil*; suitable for ages 3+.
*Complimentary tickets for teachers are typically provided on a group size ratio of 15:1.
To enquire about a booking on any of the above offers, workshops, please click here.
Planning Your Visit
For details of our location and seating plan, please click here. We are always happy to assist you with advice on parking and collection. We can also help (when space permits) with breakout areas for snacks and lunches and advance orders for refreshments.
Please see our basic risk assessment document:
Did you know The Brewhouse is an Artsmark Partner? If you would like to discuss how we can help you to achieve your Artsmark please contact us.
The Brewhouse is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
We offer education settings a variety of opportunities and would love to work with you to develop our programme to help meet the needs of your school so if you have an idea please do get in touch.
Staging Your Own Show
We have two spaces where you can stage your own performance. Our intimate Studio Theatre and our main Auditorium. Rates and availability vary (the earlier the booking the better). To make an enquiry please click here
Work Experience for young people in school year 10 or 11
- 20–24 May 2019
- 15–19 July 2019
Work placements are designed to give an insight into the running of a busy theatre and arts centre and are a good way of finding out about working in the arts.
We offer a broad overview of the whole venue rather than a placement in a specific department; this means that there is an opportunity to work in programming, box office, marketing, front of house and technical. The work will vary depending on the events we have taking place during the placement.
We are looking for enthusiastic young people, who are outgoing and have a genuine interest in the behind the scenes operation of the Brewhouse. Ability to use a computer (Word, Excel, Publisher) will be beneficial as well as the confidence to work with the public. A willingness to work hard and as part of a team is essential.
To apply please complete the application form below and e-mail it to
with the title ‘WORK EXPERIENCE’.
Youth Advisory Group
The Brewhouse Theatre has a youth advisory group that meet regularly throughout the year. It’s an invaluable opportunity for us to work with young people (aged 12+) to have a voice in the direction of the youth programme and become an ambassador for the Brewhouse. This is a volunteer role and all young people are welcomed. To enquire further, or reserve a place please email here