JOB TITLE Director (Freelance Contract)
MAIN RELATIONSHIPS Programmes Administrator, Artistic Programmes Manager, Directors, Actors & Distillery Writers
Introducing The Distillery: Taunton Brewhouse’s brand-new artist development programme. The Distillery is a real opportunity for practising artists and creative groups to take a step up in their career, develop their work and showcase their bold, brilliant ideas. It is also an exciting opportunity for Taunton Brewhouse to establish a relationship with artists at a transitional time in their career and continue that link as they go forward and progress to new challenges.
The Distillery will celebrate the wealth of artistic talent in the region and to share innovative new experiences. It is set to be a really great offering for artists at any level in their career across the South West.
As part of our The Distillery, we are excited to showcase extracts of new plays over two Scratch Nights, all written by our Distillery Writers. As part of this, we have a paid opportunity for a Director to join us to direct two short extracts of new plays which have been written here at Taunton Brewhouse. The pieces will be shared at one of two Distillery Scratch Nights in January 2022 alongside other extracts.
The Distillery is supported by Garfield Weston through the Weston Culture Fund.
– Work with Taunton Brewhouse to support the development of two new pieces of theatre
– To nurture, mentor and support the Distillery Writers
– To be present at all in-person sessions taking place at Taunton Brewhouse
– To always act in the best interests of Taunton Brewhouse
– Any other duties as reasonably requested
– Previous experience facilitating artist development for emerging, early-career and mid-career performance artists
– A minimum of two years professional experience as a theatre director
– A passion for live performance
– Excellent organisation and planning skills with proven ability to work flexibly under pressure
– A genuine and demonstrable commitment to accessibility and inclusion in the arts
– Access to own transport to and from the venue
– An optimistic attitude with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work both alone and with others
– Based in the South-West of England
– An arts-related or literature-related qualification at Level 3 or above
– Knowledge of the theatre and arts landscape in the current climate
– Experience of producing new work for live performance
TERMS & CONDITIONS
FEE £240.00 (2 days commitment at a rate of £120 per day)
TRAVEL EXPENSES £30.00 (Please note that there is no car parking available at the venue)
TERM Freelance Contract – 2 days commitment during the w/c 10-Jan-22
TAX & NI The successful candidate must be registered as self-employed and are fully
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a covering letter (one page maximum) and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 5th December 2021 with the subject as Director Vacancy.
Interviews are due to take place in the week commencing Monday 13th December 2021. Please advise us when applying if you are NOT available during this period.
If you wish to have an informal conversation or have any questions before applying, please contact email@example.com