Welcome to this unique Develop Your Painting Digital (Test)… Shhh, only a few regular attendees know about this!
Since the country went in to ‘lock-down’ we have been working around the clock to bring you our regular lineup of great classes and workshops in an online format for you to enjoy. But before we ‘go live’ with these sessions we need some loyal test subjects to help us troubleshoot the whole process, from booking to class participation.
Join Sara Dudman for these new online sessions. Where, using the power of modern technology, Sarah will facilitate group classes via video conference call to help you and your group learn new skills and techniques, just like in a regular class!
- Event: a FREE test run of our new online classes
- Date: TUES 14 APR at 9:45AM
- Duration: 1.5hr
- Structure: regular class format
- Outcome: participants to provide feedback on session, highlighting any technical difficulties encountered, plus thoughts and comments that will help us to improve future sessions
HOW THINGS WILL WORK
- The platform that we have chosen to use for these classes is the hugely popular Zoom video conference platform
- We are inviting you to take part in this session for FREE, but ask that you book your place, just like you would for a normal session
- You will receive three emails before the class:
1) Standard booking confirmation (immediately)
2) Instructions on how to join the class (XXXX days prior to the event)
3) A link to the session (24hrs before the class)
- Please ‘arrive’ 10 minutes before the start of the session
- You won’t need to download anything, simply click the link that we send you
We want these classes to run as smoothly as possible and so would appreciate it if you could note down any good/bad feedback during the session. We’ll then send out one final email that includes a survey and would be EXTREMELY grateful if participants could respond to this on the same day as the session (TUE 14 APR).
You can find more information to help you prepare for this session on our page – Digital Classes – Requirements & Tips
Hopefully this all makes sense, but if you have any further questions, you can direct them to: email@example.com
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to our new online platform and would like to thank you for your kind support.
Regular course details follow
The aim of this course is to help students loosen up and find their own style, progressing from simply copying to interpreting the subject. We will work from reference material provided; sometimes from photographs, sometimes still life, frequently referring to the work of great painters from the 20th century and before. Each week we take a different approach or theme, which, when combined together, will provide a firm base for individualisation and experimentation.
Elements studied will include working with acrylics – from washes to impasto; colour-mixing; mark-making; working with the pallet knife, how to create atmosphere and expression in your painting; as well as a continual assessment of tone, form, contrast and composition.
Sara Dudman RWA is a painter, drawer and art educator. She studied Fine Art at Loughborough College of Art and Design and gained her Masters at De Montfort University. She exhibits extensively including the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, The National Open Art Prize and The Jerwood Drawing Prize as well as regularly exhibiting in New York, London, Cornwall and Hamburg. She was elected an RWA academician in 2016. Her rich career includes teaching, lecturing and advising on art in universities, schools, museums, galleries and The National Trust.
A deep curiosity about relationships and places underpins her creative practice and is fuelled by regular residential research trips throughout the British Isles and beyond. She lives and works in Somerset.
14 April 2020 9:45AM