Join us for a free family party to celebrate the Brewhouse’s 40th birthday. There will be delicious street food, live music, theatrical performances, acrobatics, dance, join in craft workshops, balloons, colourful characters, games and of course birthday cake!
We have an exciting day planned full of surprises so we hope you can all come!
- The Vegetable Nannies are two everyday gardeners who’ve taken their young vegetables out of the ground to help us celebrate. So, if you see an old pram brimming with some beautiful bouncing baby vegetables, come over and say hello. No doubt the Nannies could use a hand in feeding and taking care of the little family that includes Beverly the cabbage, David the shy little Marrow and many more.
- Sporting star, film star, historical figure or Game of Thrones fantasy? Come and explore the Thespians fabulous collection of clothes and create your perfect costume with the Thespians famous Dressing Up Tent.
- Spot our giant pass the parcel – there are prizes and treats to be won, who will you pass it to?
- We are making an enormous birthday cake! Join Creative Workshops UK to help us make the cake and have fun creating something you can take home too.
- Join artist Bridget to help make the Brewhouse 40th Birthday bunting. Use bright and colourful fabric to sew together a bespoke flag to hang in our chain. It’s your opportunity to leave a mark for the next 40 years of Brewhouse celebrations. Our bunting will grow over the year and become a special symbol at all future family events in and outside the building.
- Have a musical start to your day with our resident songbirds. The perfect free session for your under 5’s, using instruments and voice at 11am. Follow it up with a disco as our Disco Duck warms us up for a fun day out at 11.45am.
- Fantastic performances from ZoeLogic, Pocket Fluff, The Strong Lady, Taunton Street Choir and Skintight Samba
Large performance area
- 11am – 11.30am Singalong with the Songbirds
- 11.45am – 12.15pm Dance with Disco Duck
- 12.15pm – 12.45pm MAD street dance performance
- 1pm – 1.30pm FeasTABLE ZoieLogic
- 1.30pm – 2pm Pocket Fluff
- 2.45pm – 3.30pm FeasTABLE Lyngford School
- 3.30pm – 4pm The Strong Lady
- 4.15pm – 4.45pm Taunton Street Choir
Cafe performance area
- 11.15 – 11.45am – Sam Cockram
- 12.30 – 1pm – Joe & Alima
- 2pm – 2.30pm – Sam Pagne
- 4pm – 4.15pm – Skintight Samba
Plunge Boom walk about act – 1130am, 12.45pm and 2.30pm
Proud to be part of Somerfest 2017
Free activity day