BARNfest is a glorious celebration of new work by some of the Westcountry’s best talent. Enjoy stimulating, thought-provoking and most importantly entertaining performances both in the Brewhouse and at other locations in Taunton (see individual listings for full details, prices and locations).
Home bred talent at it’s very best!
Theatre-Makers and Venues and are also most cordially invited to join us for two days of celebration, provocation and lively debate around best practice in contemporary theatre.
On Friday 12th October, BARNfest will host the next regional Venues South West meeting providing a discussion platform for programmers as well as pitches from theatre-makers and networking opportunities.
The two days of BARNfest will be a chance to see work from companies such as; Mumblecrust; Tangle; Wassail; Through the Red Door; Richard Crowe and Tor Theatre; amongst many others.
The full programme can be downloaded here.
To book your place please complete this online BOOKING FORM.
Several performances during BARNfest are open to the public:
- Horses! Horses! by Wassail Theatre Company, 7pm Friday 12 October at The Plough >> more info
- How I Came to be Where I Never Was by Johnny Fluffypunk, 9pm Friday 12 October at The Plough >> more info
- Big Breakfast & Poetry with Hip Yak & Rainbow Fish by Liv Torc & Johnny Fluffypunk, 10:00am Saturday 13 October at The Cosy Club >> more info
- I’m Super, Thanks by Mary Swan, 11:30am Saturday 13 October at The Brewhouse, Westward Room
- The Library of Lost Memories by Through the Red Door, 1pm Saturday 13 October at The Brewhouse >> more info
- Over The Wall Picking Apples, by Richard Crowe and Wassail Theatre Company, 3pm Saturday 13 October at The Brewhouse >> more info
*Tickets will be on sale via the Brewhouse website from 10 September.
BARNfest is produced by Take Art and The Brewhouse with support from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
BARN is a three-year theatre initiative (2017-19) that supports Somerset’s emerging theatre-making sector to develop, test and showcase new work in a predominantly rural context. https://takeart.org/barn
IMPORTANT – PARKING: Please note that the public Coal Orchard car park, adjacent to the Brewhouse, will be closed from Mon 1st Oct – Fri 23 Nov for the demolition of the old swimming baths. We recommend alternative car parking in either Wood Street Car Park (TA1 1UR) or Canon Street Car Park (TA1 1SN). Both are approx. 10 mins walk from the theatre.
12 & 13 October 2018 Times vary