Vision and Mission
To encourage, facilitate and promote excellent arts and cultural activity to enrich the lives of those living, working and visiting Taunton and position the County Town as the cultural hub of Somerset
Excellence: To deliver a dynamic and varied programme of exceptional professional and community productions, events and activities to capture the hearts and minds of communities across Somerset.
Engage: To encourage our surrounding communities to participate in the arts, to enhance well-being, creativity and cohesion.
Educate: To place learning at the heart of The Brewhouse operation, enabling volunteers, apprentices, trainees and staff to achieve their potential.
Evolve: To remain relevant and spontaneous, with the ability to be fleet of foot and respond to opportunity, trends and demand in order to effectively serve our community and artists.
The Brewhouse aspires to add a further mission statement in the foreseeable future:
Enable: To support artists’ creation of imaginative and pioneering new work and establish the South West’s reputation as an artistic incubator.
Future Plans for The Brewhouse
The Brewhouse team are busy developing its programme and recruiting new staff.
Our priorities over the next twelve months are to:
- Develop the Artistic Programme and bring the cinema back to The Brewhouse.
- Commence a community engagement programme to encourage greater participation in the arts.
- Attract new audiences and develop loyalty amongst existing customers.
- Grow our volunteer base and develop an apprentice and trainee programme.
- Appoint a small team of experts to lead the development of the organisation.